Socialwork 2000 are looking for experienced Social Workers to join a Children’s Assessment Team, based in Cowley, Oxfordshire. Pay rate: up to £32ph
About the role:
To ensure that services are planned and delivered in a way that maximises participation and reflects Children’s rights in relation to services being provided; acts on views of children and young people and demonstrate Children’s Rights are reflected in the way that you work with children and young people.
Post holders will deal with all enquiries and referrals of Children in Need to the Children and Families Division, according to the Priority Matrix, undertaking assessments of children and families in need and holding case responsibility until such time as the case in closed (NFA to Social Services Department), referred to another agency, transferred as a Child In Need or conferenced as subject of a Child Protection Case Conference. Post holders will not be key workers for children on the Child Protection Register or allocated workers for CLA (post assessment). This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all County Child Protection Policies are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies
- To provide a Duty Service to the Children and Families Division, dealing with enquiries, consultations and providing emergency cover of open cases when the Social Worker/ Team Manager is unavailable
- To assess all referrals of Children in Need whose needs are identified as being eligible for service using the Priority Matrix.
- To investigate alleged abuse, (jointly) with Police, when appropriate, in accordance with jointly agreed Child Protection procedures (new and open cases).
- To hold case responsibility for newly referred cases until such time as they are closed, referred to another agency, transferred as children in need or conferenced as subjects of a Child Protection Case conference.
- To maintain written records, prepare reports and complete administrative tasks as required by the Department and other agencies.
- To work closely as necessary with specialist colleagues within the Department and with other agencies as appropriate.
- To present good quality information as necessary, Case Conferences, planning meetings, Court Hearings etc.
- To prepare cases for court and take part in Court proceedings as necessary.
- To take part in and provide training (particularly with respect to Risk Assessment) and to keep up-to-date with legislation, research and changes in procedure.
- To occasionally undertake work delegated by the Team Manager or Senior Practitioners.
- Pay rate: up to £32ph
- In-house payroll company that offers a full range of services from weekly pay to bookkeeping services
- Your own dedicated consultant who can guide you through the process and assist you each step of the way
- 2 years post qualifying UK experience
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Qualified Social Worker BA/DipSW/CQSW or equivalent
- Current registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Must be a car driver
Whether you are looking for your first, or next locum role, SocialWork 2000 are here to help you. However, if the time isn’t right for you, but you have a colleague or friend (who is a qualified Social Worker) and is looking for a locum role, just refer them to us.